Visit the USGenWeb Project Website Visit the IAGenWeb Project Website

 What's New

Coordinator Contact

About Us

Return to the Home Page
Contact the Ringgold Cemeteries
Census the Ringgold Counties
 Ringgold County Churches
family pages links to family
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Copyright Statement
History Ringgold County
Ringgold County IAGenWeb History-Biographies Project
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Lookups
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Mailing Lists
Ringgold County Maps IAGenWeb Project
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Messageboards
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Military
Ringgold County IAGenWeb News Clippings
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Obituaries
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Penny Post Cards
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Photographs
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Queries
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Resources
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Resources
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Site Map
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Surnames
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Front Porch
Ringgold County IAGenWeb Vital Records

This site is supported by
Friends of IAGenWeb
   

powered by FreeFind
 
    

 

RETOLD OLD NEWS

Mount Ayr Record-News
Mount Ayr, Ringgold County, Iowa
September 27, 1916

by Chanse Hall, Mount Ayr Record-News

Esther Luce went yesterday to Des Moines, where she will join a musical company which is being organized by the Midland Bureau for the coming lecture course season. The company will travel through South Dakota.

W. O. Markee has opened a meat market in the rear of his building.

L. O. Bement, who has been manager of the Mount Ayr Creamery for the past year, has presented his resignation to take effect as soon as a man can be secured to take the place and will move with his family to Fort Morgan, CO.

School took up this moring with the following teachers in charge: L. H. Painter, principal; Laura Moffett, intermediate; and Rena Mayers, primary.

Alta Rush has returned from Garden Grove, where she has been employed for some time.

The board of supervisors, in regular session, took up the petition of L. S. Groves for the forming of a new township to be called Waubonsie township, including what is now the Benton Consolidated School District. On motion, the petition was granted as prayed for and the board called the first township election to be held in the Incorporated Town of Benton, in said county on the 7th day of November, 1916, in connection with the general election.

ELLSTON - Rev. and Mrs. V. W. Henderson and son have moved to Woodburn, where he will take up pastoral duties the coming year.

KELLERTON - H. L. Teale has sold his undertaking business and supplies to I. L. Crew. Mr. Teale is thinking of going west to look for a location.

MALOY - M. L. Stephens has sold his produce business to A. Courtin, who recently moved here from Willow Springs, MO.

Transcription by Sharon R. Becker, October of 2016

 

IA old press logo.jpg IOWA OLD PRESS
An Iowa GenWeb project that collects articles from old Iowa newspapers. Have a look back at the lives and times of our Iowa ancestors as reported in early newspapers. The home page for Iowa Old Press Project, complete with a searchable database, may be accessed at: http://iowaoldpress.com/


You are our visitor!
Thank You for stopping by!



© Copyright 1996-
Ringgold Co. IAGenWeb Project
All rights Reserved.