Ringgold County's Temporary Court House
Upon the condemnation of Ringgold County's Courthouse in 1921, there wasn't a courthouse for six years. The county offices
conducted business from several buildings around the square with most of them housed at Sullivan Garage [later NAPA Parts
Store]. With the construction of the present-day courthouse, most of Ringgold County's offices were in place in the
new building by mid-October of 1927.
Mount Ayr Record-News, Mount Ayr, Ringgold County, Iowa. February 24, 2005.
AVITT, Mike. Pages and Pictures from the Past . . . Ringgold County, Iowa: 1885-2005 p. 19.
Paragon Publications, Inc. Mount Ayr, Iowa. 2009.