1860 United States Federal Census for Calhoun County, Iowa
At the time of the 1860 census, Calhoun County was less than a decade old. All the settlers in the county fit onto just four pages.
- Name Index
- Pg. 94: Scott, Gray, Parker, Fletcher, Arney, Cole, Babbitt, Smith
- Pg. 95: Smith, White, Williams (2x), Bosina, Malby, Hutchinson, Oxenford, Runnells
- Pg. 96: Bunting (2x), Gill, Ream, Marvan, Smith, Lumpkin, McCoy, Crawford, Sherman, Comstock, Bromwell
- Pg. 97: Brumwell, Brady, Hutchinson, Oxenford, Thompson, Rippy, Borders, Hukey, Mowrey, Haines, Tharp
Notes for this census transcription:
- Column 11, the column for "Married within the year," appears unreliable. Most of the names on the census, including those of children, are checked.
- Birth locations are listed according to the full name of the location when obvious (e.g. N.York = New York).
- Quoted text (usually last names or occupations) is written out in full.
This census was originally transcribed by Donald C Arndt and proofread by Cathy Herpich for the US Census Project, © 1998.
This census was re-transcribed and formatted for the web by Tyler Rasmussen, Calhoun County Coordinator for IAGenWeb, © 2012.