If you have information you would like to have posted on this website or if you are willing to transcribe records for this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
If you have documents that need transcription and don't have the time to transcribe them, submit scanned images of the documents. Someone who doesn't have access to that resource can transcribe it if you submit scanned images.
Guide for Submitting Content
If you are submitting content, please, please, please cite your sources. Where did it come from? What year was it published? What page was it found on? Is it protected by copyright? This site has no intention of violating copyright laws. Cited sources help verify that records are in the public domain.
Whenever possible, submit scanned originals with any transcriptions. This also allows users to view the original document, verifying the transcription data for themselves. Transcriptions help users find information, but original images are better quality sources.
Submitting content needs to be complete if possible. A scan of half a page from a plat map does not help many people. Submit complete datasets whenever possible.
Projects Open to Volunteers
The following projects are available for volunteers to work on.
- Transcribe US and IA census records (1925 is a priority)
- Transcribe Immanuel Lutheran, Rockwell City, and Trinity Lutheran, Knierim, registers (images available from county coordinator)
- Transcribe plat maps and atlases from the Iowa Digital Library (links on Maps page; permission granted by library)
County Coordinator Project
The following projects are my current focus as county coordinator.
- Finish building the new site (in progress)
- Finish updating old census transcriptions (1880 Manson w/ footers, 1885 Logan, Other 1880; in progress)
- http://www.usgwarchives.org/ia/calhoun/ and http://files.usgwarchives.org/ia/calhoun/
- Relink Lake City Graphic July 13, 1893, Pomeroy Photos, and Pomeroy History pages
- Locate the rest of the historic locations
- Books on Google Books Title The story of a storm, a history of the great tornado at Pomeroy, Calhoun County, Iowa, July 6, 1893. Published Chicago, H.O. Shepard Co., printers, 1893. Description 2 p. l., -228,  p. front., illus., plates, ports., maps. 20 cm. Call Number [Closed Stacks] QC 955 .C76 Subjects Pomeroy, Ia. Tornado, 1893. LC Card Number 10-29845