(Probably one of the original 6 Townships)
Bloomfield was originally a part of the territory embraced in Berlin, Welton and Brookfield townships, but in 1855 congressional townships 82 range and 83 north, range 3 east, were set off by the county authorities and by Russell Perham named Bloomfield. He was one of the first justices of the peace who served in the township.
At the date of its organization in 1855, in addition to Mr. Perham, Sylvanus S. Norton, and Alva McLaughlin there were among the early settlers Joseph Benjamin, Nicholas Koon, Joseph Willey, Anson Norton, N. and Eli Hatfield, Ben Ogden, Sr, O.J. Hinkley, Calvin Davis, Parvin Davis, Royal Goodenow, John and Solomen Smith, Abraham Names, James and Abe Walrod, John Q. Jenkins, Robert Williams, Henry C. Cowgill, Henry and William Gillett, Lewis De Laun, Levi Decker, David Rhodes, Peter Sleeper, John Brahmer, Peter Hoyt, Charles and John Riggs, Ransome Haines, Seneca Williams, Dean Davis, Jacob Bollinger, John Burgess, Thomas Snowden and Truman Clark.
(Wolfe's History of Clinton County, Iowa, Volume 1, By Patrick B. Wolfe, 1911)
Brookfield: 10 Dec 1850-05 Jan 1872 - Renamed Delmar
Delmar: 06 Jan 1872 - Currant