Re: Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann - update 2
DOMANN, HENNINGSEN, ANDERSEN, CHRISTIANSEN, NELSON, FRANCESCON, CUTLER, MEYERS, OHRT, BENSON, RAGUSE
Posted By: Kelly Keegan (email) In Response To: Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann - update (Kelly Keegan)
Date: 11/18/2006 at 16:15:31
In Response To: Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann - update (Kelly Keegan)
Recent research has led to a few bits of new information on the Domann family, listed below. Any additional info on any of these families would be most welcome.
Carl Ludvig Theodor Domann's wife's name was Phillipina Raguse, as noted in Paul Domann's marriage record in the Clinton County Recorder's office. Per son Walter's naturalization record, Carl and the children with whom he immigrated, Mary, Elizabeth and Walter, left Bremen, Germany on the ship S.S. Dresden, arriving at the port of Baltimore, Maryland in Oct. 1898. Carl was buried at Springdale Cemetery.
Daughter: Maria/Mary Domann and husband Anton August Ohrt lived in Clinton and Camanche. Anton is found living in Lincoln with the children in the 1920 census. Mary and Anton were both buried at Springdale Cemetery.
- Raymond Gustaf Ohrt and wife Mabel Anna Benson were both buried at Springdale Cemetery.
Daughter: Emma Bertha Louise Domann and husband Martin Anton Henningsen were both buried in Springdale Cemetery.
- Frank Carl Anton Henningsen and wife, Sylvia Regina Meyers, were both buried at Clinton Memorial Park. Frank served in the US Army as a private during WWI in the Motor Transport Corps in France and Italy.
- Erna Louise P./D. Henningsen married Kenneth M. Cutler, 15 Oct. 1919 in Clinton. She lived most of her life in Camanche.
- Arthur Anton Fredrick Henningsen's first wife's name was Vivian Nelson. His obituary says he had had two sons, both of whom died before him. Art served in the S.A.T.C. at the University of Iowa during the last months of WWI. Art was buried at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Daughter: Louisa Domann and husband August Carl Henningsen were buried at Springdale Cemetery.
- Herbert Anton Henningsen's wife, Caroline C., died in 2005 at age 100 in Hennepin, Minnesota. Their son, Normand, b. 24 Feb 1923 in Clinton, died 22 Dec 1994 in Hennepin, Minnesota.
Normand married and had at least four children, one of whom, John, b. 1955, died in 2001.
- Leona M. Henningsen (and probably but not proved her husband, Robert 'Bob' Johnson) were buried at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Son: Gustave 'Gus' P. Otto Domann and wife Ceceila Christiansen were buried in Springdale Cemetery.
Son: Paul A. Domann m. Mary/Marie Louise Andersen (daughter of a sister to Martin and August Henningsen, Friederike Henningsen Andersen) on 26 Apr 1902 in Clinton. He and Marie Louise 'Mary' were buried at Springdale Cemetery.
Son: Walter Ernst/Ernest Domann's naturalization papers say that he was born in and left to come to America from Barvin or Barwin, Germany, a small village between Stettin and Danzig, now in Poland. This means that most likely, all the children in the family were born and grew up there.
If anyone has more info on these people or their descendants, I would love to hear from you.
Messages In This Thread
Clinton Queries maintained by Nettie Mae Lucas.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen