Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann - update
DOMANN, DOMAN, DORMAN, DOHRMANN, DOHRMAN, OHRT, BARTZ, GALZ, HENNINGSEN, CUTLER, WILLIS, FRANCESCON, JOHNSON
Posted By: Kelly Keegan (email) In Response To: Re: Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann (Kelly Keegan)
Date: 4/28/2006 at 20:28:58
In Response To: Re: Descendants of Karl/Carl Domann (Kelly Keegan)
Below is revised and updated info on the descendants of Carl Domann. Any additional info would be most welcome.
Carl/Karl Ludvig Theodor Domann, b. c 1844, Pommerania, Germany (now in Poland); immigrated 1898 with three of his children - Mary, Elizabeth and Walter - after his wife, Phillipina or Wihelmina's death, I think); d. Aug. 12, 1917, Clinton, Iowa.
Son: Max Domann, b. c 1866?, stayed in Germany; living in Stettin (now in Poland) in 1917.
Daughter: Ella 'Annie' Domann, b. May 1866, Germany; immig. to US 1882 - first in the family to immigrate, as far as I can tell; m. Fred Bartz Dec. 1891 in Clinton; died in Washington state before 1920. They had four children in Clinton:
- Phillipina E. L. Bartz, b. Nov. 1892.
- William Fred C. Bartz, b. Sep 21, 1894, died Feb. 1977 in Washington state.
- Lillian 'Lillie' E. F. Bartz, b. Nov. 1896.
- Nina Bartz, b. circa 1903.
The family moved to Lewis County, Washington, before 1907 where they had another daughter:
- Edna Bartz, b. circa 1907. She married Harold Galz about 1928 and had a son, who was born in Illinois. She appears with her husband and child and father living in Chicago in the 1930 census.
The family lived in Leavenworth, Washington by 1917.
Daughter: Maria/Mary Domann, b. Jan 1870, Germany; immig. 1898 w/ father; m. Anton August Ohrt Jan 25 1901, Clinton; d. Sep 8, 1916, Clinton, IA. This couple had two known children:
- Harry K. Ohrt, b. Apr 10, 1902, Clinton; married Catherine E. Paschiel; died Jul 17, 1996 in Arizona. They had three sons.
The family lived in Clinton but eventually moved to Tuscon, Arizona.
- Raymond Gustaf Ohrt, b. Oct 26, 1903, Clinton; married Mabel Anna Benson; died Jan 17, 1978. They had two known sons and lived in/around Clinton, as far as I know.
Daughter: Emma Bertha Louise Domann, b. Jul 4, 1871, Stettin?, Germany; immig. circa 1890; m. Martin A. Henningsen Sep 2, 1892 in Clinton; d. Jun 1, 1904, Beaver Island, Clinton, IA. The couple had five children:
- Frank Carl Anton Henningsen, b. Jul 8, 1893, Clinton; m. Sylvia Regina Meyers Jun 11, 1936; served in WWI in France; died Oct 25, 1976, Clinton. The couple (my grandparents) had three children.
- Erna Louise P./D. Henningsen, b. Dec 25 1896, Clinton; married a man, Cutler, with whom she had three? children. Remarried to a man, Willis. She died Oct. 11, 1996, Clinton Co, at 100 years old!
- Walter Ernest Henningsen, b. 1897 or 1898; died 8 Apr 1898, Clinton.
- Arthur Anton Fredrick Henningsen, b. Mar 28, 1899, Clinton; died Nov 4, 1990, Clinton. He had several wives but only one known son, who died in before Art's death.
- Hertha 'Hattie' F. F. Henningsen, b. Mar 19, 1902, Clinton. She married Paul L. Francescon in 1923, after having taught school for a few years. They lived in Illinois for awhile then came back to Clinton. They had two known sons. Hertha died Aug 17, 1989.
Daughter: Louisa Domann, b. Feb 5, 1873, Germany; immig. possibly Apr. 25, 1893; m. August Carl Henningsen (brother to Martin A.) Apr 9, 1897; d. Mar 4, 1952, Clinton. The couple had three known children:
- Herbert Anton Henningsen, b. Feb 1, 1898, Clinton. He married a woman, Caroline, circa 1922. They had one known son in Clinton. The family eventually moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota, where Herbert died Aug. 25, 1985.
- Hildegarde Henningsen, b. 1901, Clinton. She married and had a son, but I don't know much about her life. She died before 1952.
- Leona Henningsen, b. Jun 3, 1904, Clinton. She married Robert 'Bob' C. Johnson circa 1940. They had one son and raised Hildegarde's son. She died Apr 3, 1999 in Madison, Wisconsin.
Son: Gustave 'Gus' P. Otto Domann, b. Oct 1874, Germany; immig. circa 1890; served in the Spanish-American War in the Phillipines; m. Ceceila Christiansen Nov. 3, 1904, Clinton; d. Aug. 1941, VA Hospital in Chicago, buried Clinton, IA. The couple lived most of their lives in Clinton and had no children.
Son: Paul A. Domann, b. May 1876, Germany; immig. 1893; m. Mary/Marie Louise Anderson (daughter of a sister to Martin and August Henningsen) circa 1902?; d. Dec. 8, 1920, Moline, Illinois, buried Clinton, IA. (see other e-mail of today for their descendants) In the early 1900's Paul edited a local German-language newspaper, the Clinton Anzeiger.
Daughter: Elizabeth 'Elsa/Elsie' Domann, b. Jul 1882, Germany; immig. 1898 with her father; married and divorced from an unknown man. The couple had two children in Clinton:
- Walter, b. Sep 21, 1913
- Harold, b. April 1915?
They were living in Clinton in the 1920 census, but then I lose track of the family.
Son: Walter Ernst/Ernest Domann, b. Jan 1886, Germany; immig. 1898 with father; naturalized 1908; d. Mar. 1, 1920, Clinton. He never married and had no children.
If anyone has more info on these people, please get in touch with me. Thanks!
Messages In This Thread
Clinton Queries maintained by Nettie Mae Lucas.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen