NOBLE CENTER CEMETERY
in Noble Township, Section 21
INDEX OF NAMES & ROW
FULL TRANSCRIPTION: SOUTH SECTION, NORTH SECTION, WEST SECTION, KNOWN BURIALS-NO STONE
The Noble Center Cemetery, next to the United Methodist Church, is located in the N. E. corner of the N. E. ¼ of Section 21 in Cass County, Iowa. It is located two miles south of Lyman on the west side of Highway 71. The four acre plot of land was originally purchased from William Berg for $300,00. In 1970 an additional acre from Dale Jenkins. It is managed by a cemetery association and financed from taxes and the sale of plots. The first burial was Mrs. Fritz Saemisch in 1883. The cemetery was recorded by Mrs. William Miller (the former Mrs. Gerald Berg). It was updated in 1986 by Mr. and Mrs. Delbert Christiansen.|
The cemetery was walked and photographed in October, 2013, by Carolyn DeLay. This is a project of the Cass County Genealogical Society.
The cemetery is divided into 5 sections, north and south side and a newer west side. The graves begin with the old section to the south of the church, with the rows running north to south and moving east to west. The rows are not necessarily even, making placement difficult at times especially in the older section.