The Congregational society was organized May 5, 1865. The first services were held in the court house. During this year steps were taken to build a church, which was completed early in 1866 and dedicated on February 4th of that year. This building served the society until 1897, when a new structure was erected. This, with the parsonage, cost about $12,000. In 1917 the church was remodeled, and a basement with the usual equipments was added. This gives the society a fine church structure, comparing favorably with the best arranged church buildings.
The society has a Sunday school with an exceptionally large enrollment, and has also the usual young people's societies and other church organizations.
Last updated 4/9/16
|Return to Pioneer Life Table of Contents||Next|