The Evangelical Association society was organized in Waverly in December, 1859, and a church edifice was erected in 1871. It was located on West Water Street North, and was built during the pastorate of Rev. Nuhn. This served the congregation until 1902, when a fine modern church was built at 322 North Elm Street. This structure is fully equipped with all modern conveniences, and cost about $7000.
There is a flourishing Sunday school and all the societies usually belonging to a church organization.
Last updated 4/9/16
|Return to Pioneer Life Table of Contents||Next|