Clay TwpSummary from the survey completed in 1997
- 2 homes
- 1 other use
- 4 unknown fate
CONRAD Sec. 30/31 - Venita Kitzman - Beaman - Sec. 34
Clay No. 1Section 12 Northeast corner
- moved to Sec. 24 SE - Jim Seeman farm machine shed
Teachers - Grace Taylor - Avis Smith
Clay No. 2 a.k.a. Kitzman SchoolSection 19 Northeast corner
- sitting on Willard Dielschneider place - 2 houses -
Bruce Altenheim teacher lives there - Moved to Felix Twp. Section 13 S central - used for hired man at one time. - Lynch's family attended both of these schools
Teacher - Waneta Stout
Clay No. 3Section 6 - Southeast corner - ?
Clay No. 4Section 17 - Southwest corner - ?
Clay No. 5Section 21 - Northeast corner - ?
Clay No. 6Section 13 - SW corner - ?
NOTE - Charlie Stepp moved school to Conrad 407 N Main St. - added to it also saw another that looked like it could have been a school on N Main
Clay No. 7
Clay No. 8This is Beaman consolidated school area
Clay No. 9This is Conrad consolidated school area
No Religious Services in School HousesThe question of using the school houses of Clay township for religious meetings during the next year was settled last Monday at the district township meeting held at No. 5. A motion to allow the school houses to be used for Sunday school and other religious purposes was defeated by a vote of nine against to six in favor of the proposition. Much bitter feeling has been aroused over the matter, but it is hoped that the will of the majority as expressed at the meeting will restore harmony.
Ben Knisley, the director of No. 7, over the use of whose school the trouble started, has been re-elected for the ensuring year.--Conrad Record
--The Grundy Republican (Grundy Center, Iowa), 24 March 1910, pg 4
Part of Clay No. 1 Joined To Grundy School DistrictAt a recent meeting of the Grundy County Board of Education, that portion of Rural School No. 1 in Clay township that was not assigned to the Beaman-Conrad Community School District earlier this year was assigned to the Grundy Community school district.
2 3/4 sections in Clay No. 1 has been assigned to the Grundy District. 1 1/4 sections of the District was made a part of the Beaman-Conrad District through an assignment made by the County Board of Education a few months ago.
The pupils from the new area in Clay No. 1 which is now a part of the Grundy District had in late years been coming to the Grundy county, and the assignment meets with the united approval of the school patrons in the area.
--The Grundy Register (Grundy Center, Iowa), 3 July 1958, pg 1