"The Abandoned Towns, Villages and Post Offices of Iowa"
By David C Moss
Reprinted from the Annals of Iowa Vols XVII and XVIII 1930-1932
ANDERSONVILLE: In Clay Township. Post office 1893
ARROW: In the southern part of Beaver Township. Post office 1881
BOIS D'ARC: In the southeastern part of Grant Twp, as shown on maps from 1863 to 1887.
CONRAD GROVE: The name of the post office at the present town of Conrad from 1881 to 1885.
DAIRYVILLE: A hamlet in the southwestern part of Fairfield Twp. Post office from 1889-1900.
ELIZABETH: In the northwestern corner of Section 12, Colfax Twp. Post officer from 1873-1878.
FERN: A village in section 32, Beaver Twp. Post office 1903.
FREDSVILLE: A hamlet in the southeastern part of Fairfield Twp. Post office 1883-1903.
GREENWOOD: In the northeastern part of Clay Twp. Post office 1871.
IVESTER: In the southwest corner of Section 15, Melrose Twp. Post office 1893-1903.
JERUSALEM: A hamlet in the southern part of Section 34, Clay Twp, near where the present town of Beaman now sits. The post office was at Wadaloup
KINGSBURY: In the central part of Grant Twp. Post office from 1880-1885.
LEAR: In Section 9, Beaver Twp. Post officer 1900-1903
LINCOLN: In the eastern part of Lincoln Twp. Post office 1889-1900
LINCOLN CENTER: In the central part of Lincoln Twp. Post office 1869-1875.
MELROSE: On the north side of Section 16, Melrose Twp. Post office from 1873-1879.
PALERMO: In the northwestern part of Palermo Twp. Post office 1873-1875.
TAYLOR HILL: In the northwestern part of Fairfield Twp. Post office 1857-1863.
WADALOUP: The name of the post office (1867-1875) at the hamlet of Jerusalem (see above), near modern day Beaman.