|Home > Schools > Atlantic|
|Schools - Atlantic|
East Side School - Atlantic, Iowa
The first Atlantic School Board was elected in March, 1870, consisting of: W. W. Parker, F. H. Whitney, John R. Reynolds, W. K. Straight, D. F. Hawks and R. D. McGeehon. The board purchased a plot of ground on a hill on the east side of town for $400. A construction contract was awarded to Neimeyer brothers and the East Side school was built at a cost of $9,288. It was completed and occupied in January 1871.
Photo post cards contributed by Cheryl Siebrass, November, 2010 and October, 2018.