Û Immaculate Conception Catholic
Church of the Immaculate Conception, in Castle Grove, is situated in the
northern part of the township, and was erected by the Roman Catholics in
the year 1877, at a cost of about $20,000. Mr. John Kenan was the
architect and Mr. M. Doyle, of Anamosa, the contractor. The edifice is a
remarkably fine one and does honor to the members of the Church in
Castle Grove. It is, without doubt, the finest church edifice in the
State outside the largest cities.
— from The History of Jones
County, Iowa by Western Historical Company, Chicago, 1879.