Christian Science Church of McGregor
The Christian Science Society of McGregor was organized on May 10, 1892 by Mrs. Elizabeth Webster of Chicago. The articles of incorporation were drawn by A. Chapin. The charter members were: L.C. Farnum, Jennie A. Farnum, Emma Farnum, E. Hoxsie, Mrs. E. Hoxsie, C.C. Standert, Sarah Standert, A.F. Hofer, Mrs. M. Hofer, Robert Lindsay, Sarah E. Lindsay, Edith B. Lindsay, Belle Halverson, Mrs. Jennie Mason, G.S. Douglass, Julia Douglass, H.H. Reynolds, Nelda Reynolds, William Ulrich, Matilda Ulrich and William Scharff. Church was held in the Barron Block until 1917 when the present church on Main Street was built.
~source: North Iowa Times, November 29, 1956
~contributed by S. Ferrall
to Church Index
Return to Clayton County Index