Tindall, Stanley & Lois Kern (Marriage 1944)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer (email)
Date: 10/28/2011 at 10:17:18
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel
Tuesday, September 19, 1944
STANLEY TINDALL AND MISS LOIS KERN TAKE VOWS
Pretty Evening Wedding Held At Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church was the setting for a pretty wedding Friday evening, September 15, at 8 o’clock, when Miss Lois Kern, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Kern, became the bride of Stanley Tindall, son of Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Tindall, all of LeMars. The single ring ceremony took place before and altar candlelighted and banked with garden flowers and was performed by Rev. George Jennings of Minneapolis, a brother-in-law of the bride, and Rev. Earl Dale, pastor of the church.
Mrs. James Armstrong of Sioux City, a friend of the bride, was matron of honor and Miss Mary Tindall, sister of the bridegroom, was bridesmaid. The groom was attended by his brother, Major Robert Tindall, of Chicago, as best man, and Clyde Coppock, brother-in-law of the bride. Richard Albert of LeMars and Leonard Brown of Akron were ushers.
During the service Dean Simpson, cousin of the bride, sang “Because” and “Oh Promise Me.” Mrs. George Jennings, sister of the bride, was organist, and played the Lohengrin wedding march as the bridal party entered the church and Mendelssohn’s wedding march at the conclusion of the service.
Heralded by strains of music the bridal party entered the church with Ann Day, daughter of Sgt. and Mrs. Lyle Day, strewing petals in the path of the bride and bridegroom. She was daintily attired in pink satin pinafore. David Hunter, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Hunter, dressed in blue trousers and white shirt, was ringbearer.
The bride was charming in her wedding frock of white brocaded satin and set with fingertip length veil fastened in a coronet of orange blossoms. She wore a string of pearls, the gift of the groom, and carried a colonial bouquet of asters, snapdragons and ferns.
The matron of honor wore a pale blue brocaded satin net with matching accessories and the bridesmaid a dress of pale pink marquisette with harmonizing effects and both carried colonial bouquets of asters, snapdragons and ferns.
A reception in the church followed the service at which about seventy-five guests were present. The rooms were decorated in the bride’s colors of pink and blue and garden flowers and candelabra and a wedding supper was served. The hostesses were Mrs. Lyle Day, Miss Dorothy Garr, Mrs. Ethel Lubben, Miss Nellie Singer and Mrs. Stanley Boyers. Honors of serving were accorded Mrs. Farley Peterson, Miss Margery Norton, Miss Phyllis Tindall, Miss Lavonne Jacobs, Miss Frances Ewin, Miss Ruby Fisk of Minneapolis, Miss Wilma Fischer of Minneapolis. Out of town guests were Miss Mary Tindall and Major Robert Tindall of Chicago, Miss Ruby Fisk of Minneapolis, Rev. and Mrs. C. B. Akenson of Minneapolis, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Simpson and family of Sutherland, Iowa.
After a brief honeymoon trip the young couple will be at home to their friends on the Tindall farm west of LeMars. The bride’s going away gown was a lavender suit with brown accessories.
The bride and bridegroom were both born and reared in this community and both are graduates of the LeMars high school. The bride has been employed in the office of the LeMars Mutual Insurance company. The bridegroom is engaged in farming with his father on the Tindall farm.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen