[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

GAS FUMES FATAL-Mrs. John Davis-1920

DAVIS, MORGAN

Posted By: cheryl Locher moonen (email)
Date: 1/30/2020 at 19:50:47

Evening times-Republican, Monday, Oct 11, 1920, Marshalltown, IA, Page: 2

GAS FUMES FATAL

Mrs. John Davis, of Newton,
Asphyxiated Accidentally

Newton, Oct. 11. Mrs. John Davis, 919 Seventh Street Northeast, was found dead on the kitchen floor of the David home Friday evening about 6:30 o’clock. She apparently had been dead for more than twenty-four hours when found.

Mr. Davis left sometime Thursday morning for a visit with his brother, Fred Davis, near New Sharon. When he returned home Friday evening and stepped on the porch, he noticed two milk bottles on the porch, indicating the milk had not been taken in the house Thursday evening. He opened the kitchen door and found the body of his wife on the kitchen floor. It was discovered the house full of gases fumes but examination of the situation by Dr. Besser and Dr. Hammer led them to reach the conclusion that death was caused by accidental asphyxiation and the coroner decided it was not necessary to hold an inquest.

Harriet Almeda Morgan was born five miles south of Kellogg, Dec. 28, 1870 and was married to John Davis December 16, 1903.


 

Jasper Documents maintained by Barbara Hug.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]