KRUGER, Henry K. 1872-1946
Posted By: Tammy (email)
Date: 4/5/2017 at 07:00:52
Henry K. Kruger
Henry K. Kruger was born on a farm in Colfax township and he grew up there. He was a son of Mr. and Mrs. Klaus Kruger, among the earliest residents of Grundy county.
On March 3rd, 1898, Henry Kruger and Rena Pruisner were married. For the first years of their married life they resided on a Grundy county farm. The couple moved to Grundy Center in 1908 where later Mr. Kruger opened a variety store in the location now occupied by the Manly Drug Store. In 1923 he disposed of this business in order to be able to devote more time to his wife, who had become crippled and unable to walk or to attend to her household duties. The building in which he had his store was destroyed by fire and he erected a modern brick building in its place. He purchased a residence property in Grundy Center in 1917 which has been their home ever since. The care and devotion Mr. Kruger gave his wife during her many years of physical ailment won the admiration of all who knew him.
He is survived by his wife and one brother, A. J. Kruger of Fern. Preceding him in death were four brothers: Harm Kruger, Klaas Kruger, Chris Kruger, Barney Kruger; two sisters, Mrs. Amos Pabst and Mrs. Joe Itzen; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Klaas Kruger, and one sister in infancy.
Services were held Wednesday, October 9th, at 1 p.m. at their home, and then at the Bethany Presbyterian church. Burial was in the Colfax Center cemetery.
--The Grundy Register (Grundy Center, Iowa), 10 October 1946, pg 12
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen