O'CONNOR, Richard 1885-1938
Posted By: Tammy (email)
Date: 10/9/2016 at 19:45:13
Grundy Man Dies From Monoxide Gas at Waterloo
Richard O'Connor, 52 years old, was found dead in his garage at the home of his mother, Mrs. Henry O'Connor, in Waterloo Thursday evening. Death was caused by monoxide gas, while he was working on his car in the garage. He was found on the floor back of the car with a wrench in his hand. The engine of the car was still running when he was found.
Richard O'Connor resided in Grundy county practically all of his life. He was a son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry O'Connor and was born on a farm a short distance south of Grundy Center. A little later the family moved to Grant township where Mr. O'Connor lived until about nine months ago when he went to Waterloo to make his home with his mother.
Funeral services were held in St. Joseph's Catholic church in Waterloo Monday morning. The remains were later brought here for burial in the Grundy Center cemetery.
Surviving are the mother, one brother John of Grant township and two sisters, Mrs. J. J. Murphy of Grant township and Mrs. T. E. Connell of Waterloo.
--The Grundy Register (Grundy Center, Iowa), 13 January 1938, pg 1
Grundy Obituaries maintained by Tammy D. Mount.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen