Peter A. Marfilius - Wilhemine Horn Family
MARFILIUS, HORN, PTIZNER, HORNSHU, MEISZEIER, OLSCHLEGEL, SCHULTZ, MEIER, KAMMERER, SCHROEDER, KUGEL, SHEPPARD
Posted By: Yvonne Ellwood (email)
Date: 12/28/2005 at 05:58:12
PETER ANTON MARFILIUS and WILHEMINE HORN
PETER ANTON MARFILIUS; b. 3 or 8 August 1824 Bad Kreuznach, Germany. He had to join military. One day when he was in charge of the water. He dropped the buckets and swam to the otherside to France, could not have contact with any of his family as he worked his way to finally get to America. Married Wilhemine Horn: 13 July 1856 Ashland, Pa. He died: 8 Jan. 1881. Buried: Bridgeport Cemetery.
WILHEMINE HORN b. 21 June 1832 Sachen (Saxon) Germany; Died: 30 March 1913 Froelich, Iowa. Buried: Bridgeport Cemetery, Bridgeport, Wis., next to what used to be the Town Hall Hwy. 18 S. of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.
Wilhemines’ parents were Christian Horn and Dorothea Pitzner. The whole family migrated from Sachen Germany in 1849, and came near/at to Philadelphia, Pa.
1. Dorothea Friedrika "Reka" Horn married Fred Hornshu, went west at the time of the gold rush, and settled in Oregon, and had a son Fred Hornshu, who lives in Portland, Oregon;
2. Older son-then went to California;
3. Herman Horn -stayed in Philadelphia, Pa.
4. Hannah Horn married August Meiszeier -settled in Ashland, Pa. (Or Meisgeier )
5. Wilhemina 1st married 23 Dec. 1853 at Ashland, Pa., to Karl Ludwig Olschlegel (who died: 1 April 1855) They had one daughter: Caroline b. 25 Sept. 1854. She was 7 mo. old when her father died.
Caroline married Henry Schultz and lived on a farm near Prairie du Chien, Wi. They had 2 children: Flora Schultz to John D. Meier (brother to Mary Meier, Emma Kammerer’s mother); they had 8 children/ lived near Farmersburg. Their other child (of Carolines) is Irvin, who had 2 children also.
Then she married 13 July 1856, to Peter Anton Marfilius (Born: 3 Aug. 1824 in Bad Kreuznach, Germany. He died: 8 Jan. 1881.)
Wilhemina & Peter had 8 children:
1. Carl Henry Marfilius Born: 22 March 1857 Died: 9 May 1928.
2. Charles (Emma Kamerers father); Carl & Charles may be the same person!
A. Flora "Emma" Marfilius Born: 7 Feb. 1893 on a farm near Farmersburg, Iowa. This farm passed on to William (the 2nd child Emmas brother), and then later to his son. She attended Hawkeye School near Farmersburg. Married 23 Feb. 1921 to David Kammerer. She could speak & write German, and did all the correspondence for Wilhemine Marfilius.
Their(Emma & David Kamerer) Children:
A.a. Justus Kammerer of Monona, Iowa
A.a.1. dau. Karen Kammerer m. Arlyn Schroeder of Grimes,Ia.
A.b. Reuben Kammerer of Casper, Wyoming.
A.c. Wilma Kammerer m. David Kugel of Postville, Iowa.
B. William Marfilius.
3. William Herman Marfilius Born: 21 Oct. 1859 & Died: 13 Aug. 1860.
dau. Jacquelyne Marfilius & went to same M-F-L Monona,Ia. School w Yvonne.
4. Lois/Lewis Gustav Marfilius Born: 4 July 1861 & Died 18(27?) July 1927.
5. August Lewis Marfilius Born: 29 Oct. 1863 & Died: 15 March 1950.
6. Emil Christian Marfilius Born: 6 March 1866 & died: 6 Sept. 1881. age 16.
They left Pa., in 1867 and settled in Prairie du Chien, Wis., in the Gran Grae Community Crawford County. It was here that Otillie was born,
7. Anna Ottillie Minnie Marfilius Born: 8 Nov. 1868 & Died: 18 Jan. 1952.
8. and another son Frederick Henry Herman Marfilius, born: 6 Feb. 1872 on the farm near Wauzeka, Wi., and died 9 Jan. 1880, when 8 years old.
Emil, Frederick & Peter(died: 8 Jan. 1881)---all died within a years time and are buried at Bridgeport, Wi., Cemetery....north end of. In 1898.
Wilhemina went to live for 15 years with her son Charles, near Farmersburg, Iowa, and later Froelich where she died March of 1913. She also being buried at the Bridgeport, Wisconsin Cemetery.
She (Anna Otillie) worked at the John Sheppard home and there met William Peter Sheppard their son, whom she later married.
The first 3 children were born on the Bismark, Iowa farm. Then in 1893 they bought the farm now owned by Arlis White 7 mi. S.E. of Luana, Iowa. Then the rest of the children were born here.
Anna died: 18 Jan. 1952 and was buried: Gooding Cemetery, Wagner twp., Clayton Co., Iowa
note: Arlis White is my brother who has the Sheppard/Morch/White farm mentioned in this write up
Clayton Documents maintained by Sharyl Ferrall.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen