Engelhardt family reunion, 1926
ENGELHARDT, HECKERFORD, BAUMGART, BUCK, RASMUSSEN, HARPER, DOERRING, KOTH, LEWIS, KRAMBEER, CANDEE, OBRIEN, GARMS, JOHNKE, COLLINS, SCHROEDER, SCHULTH, CHAPMAN, IHRE, GERAGHTY, JOHN, GILSTER, REINCKE, KURTH, TURNER
Posted By: Sharyl Ferrall
Date: 1/26/2005 at 23:13:16
135 were in attendance at the Engelhardt reunion held July 4, 1926 on the George Engelhardt lawn. Those in attendance were Mrs. August Heckerford and son August of Ukah, California; August Engelhardt of Sioux Falls, S. Dakota; Mrs. Hattie Baumgart, sons Ray, Arthur and Merle of Owatonna, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Emil Buck of Calmar; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Rasmussen and son of Britt, Mr. and Mrs. Harper and two children of Ventura; Mrs. August Doerring, Raymond and Evelyn of Kenosha, Wisconsin; Mrs. Harry Koth and son Gordon Lewis of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin; Mr. and Mrs. Will Krambeer and son Roy of Rudd, Iowa; Mr. and Mrs. Lance Candee of Clermont; Mr. and Mrs. Frank O'Brien of McGregor; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Garms and son & Mr. and Mrs. Walter Garms of Monona; Mrs. Mary Engelhardt of Farmersburg; Mrs. Minnie Engelhardt of St. Olaf; Mr. and Mrs. Asa Candee and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Johnke of Postville; Grandma Krambeer, Robt. Collins family, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Krambeer, Louis, John Jr., and Ben Krambeer families, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Engelhardt, Mrs. Hazel Schroeder and children, Mr. and Mrs. Lyle Engelhardt, Misses Jeanette Schulth and Susan Chapman, Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Engelhardt and family - all of Luana; Herb Ihre family, Mr. and Mrs. Geraghty, Mr. and Mrs. John Engelhardt, Mrs. Emma John of Monona; Rudolph Engelhardt and family, Arno Engelhardt, Hy Gilster, Chas Reincke, Henry Engelhardt and Ed Kurth families of Farmersburg; Mr. and Mrs. Turner of Elkader and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Wilke of Clayton Center. A splendid picnic dinner was served and a fine time reported by all.
-source: Thursday July 8, 1926 Luana news; from the Postville Herald 7/8/1926
The photo was in my grandmother's photo album. (Dorothy Reincke Groth of Postville, Allamakee county) Her father Chas Reincke attended the reunion.
Notes on who may be in the photo:
1. August Engelhardt may be sitting next to the man with the cane
2. Gertrude Krambeer is the woman with the short sleeves talking to the turned man. [ID from Roy Krambeer]- see also note #7
3. Will Krambeer & son Roy are sitting on the ground in front of #2, Gertrude Krambeer. (man in the white shirt with the boy in his lap) [ID by Roy Krambeer]
4. Minnie Engelhardt is the first woman on the left in the second row
5. The woman on the left in the second row is Minnie Krambeer Collins
6. George Engelhardt may be standing behind the man with the cane and to the left in the photo. [Conflict: "I think John Engelhardt is the gentleman standing behind and to the left of the man with the cane. I could be wrong but we have a picture of John and Reka and it does look like him." from Henrietta Engelhardt, 09/15/06]
7. Mrs. George Engelhardt is nee Emma Meyer. She might be the woman with the short sleeves talking to the man who is turned towards her [conflict: see Will Krambeer note #2][March 2009 - I previously had Mrs. George Engelhardt as Cora A. Baldwin. Cora Baldwin Engelhardt was married to George Charles Engelhardt in 1902, but they did not live in Luana & were not at the reunion. There is another George Engelhardt who did live in the Luana vicinity: From Carol Meyer Willingham, March 2009: "Mrs. George Engelhardt, my great-grandmother was Emma Meyer."]
8. I have received conflicting ID's for the man with the cane.
--He may be Henry Engelhardt & the woman next to him his wife Reka or his sister Augusta.
--Roy Krambeer, the grandson of John Krambeer has ID'd the man with the cane as John Krambeer & the woman beside the man with the cane as Augusta Englehardt Krambeer. A note from Jan, Roy's daughter: My dad is 87, but has excellent eye sight. Dad looks just like the man with the cane. The problem here is that John Krambeer is not listed as being in attendance at the reunion. Dad knew both of his grandparents; in fact, he stayed at their house at various times in his youth, so maybe he knows what he is talking about.
If you can help put the names with the faces in the photograph please post a reply on this board.
Larger version of the photo
Messages In This Thread
Clayton Documents maintained by Sharyl Ferrall.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen