John Lahrs, Last Will & Testament, and Codicil (1948 & 1965)
LAHRS, MARTING, HEINS, WILKER, WILKE, BREITSPRECHER, RUHSER, KRUSE
Posted By: Errin Wilker (email)
Date: 11/27/2007 at 23:24:22
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JOHN LAHRS
I, John Lahrs, being 61 years of age and a resident of Read Township, Clayton County, Iowa, do hereby make, publish and declare the following to be my Last Will and Testament, hereby revoking any and all wills by me at any time heretofore made.
1. It is my will and I direct that all just debts and charges against my estate including the expense of my last sickness and burial and including a marker or monument for my grave and perpetual care of the cemetery lot, shall be paid as soon as possible after my death.
2. To my good friend, Dwayne Marting, I hereby give, will, bequeath and devise $1,000.00.
3. All the rest, residue and remainder of my estate including all property, real estate, personal and mixed that I may own at the time of my death, I direct that it be divided into six equal parts and be distributed as follows:
One share to my sister Carrie Heins of St. Olaf, Iowa.
One share to the children of my deceased sister, Mrs. Emma Wilker.
One share to the children of my deceased sister, Mrs. Minnie Wilke.
One share to the children of my deceased sister, Mrs. Alma Breitsprecher.
One share to the children of my deceased brother, Charles Lahrs.
One share to the children of my deceased brother, Fred Lahrs.
In the event that any of the said parties are deceased, it is my will that the heirs at law of my deceased brothers and sisters shall inherit the share of the said brothers and sisters.
4. It is my will and I hereby nominate and appoint my nephew, Fred Lahrs, to be the executor of this my Last Will and Testament of my estate and as such executor I exonerate him from giving bond. I further authorize and empower him to sell, assign, transfer and convey any or all of the assets I may die seized including the real estate. It is my intention that the real estate be sold the proceeds be divided among the heirs.
Dated this 12th day of November, 1948,
CODICIL TO LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
I, John Lahrs, do hereby make, publish and declare the following to be a Codicil my Last Will and Testament, which is dated November 12, 1948, hereby reaffirming and republishing said Will, except as it may be hereinafter altered.
1. It is my will and I hereby appoint Herman Ruhser to be the executor of my Last Will and Testament and I hereby exonerate him from giving any bond and I give him full power and authority to do any and all acts which I could do if living, including the right to sell any real estate of which I may die seized.
2. It is the intention in my will that each of my brothers and sisters shall have one share of my estate and each share shall be divided among the heirs of any deceased brother and sister.
Dated this 23rd day of March, 1965.
*NOTE FROM SUBMITTER*
John Lahrs, son of Christian and Friederike (Kruse) Lahrs, was born 10 December 1886 and died 03 June 1970.
Clayton Documents maintained by Sharyl Ferrall.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen