[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Child is Scalded- Stella Racey 1903

RACEY

Posted By: Cheryl Locher Moonen (email)
Date: 2/19/2017 at 20:42:02

Dubuque Telegraph-Herald, Jan. 6, 1903

Child is Scalded
~
Waterloo, Jan. 5. – Sunday morning at about 9:30 o’clock, Stella, the little daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Barney Racey, met with a terrible accident, in which she was scalded buy a kettle of boiling water. The unfortunate affair happened at her home on the corner of East Ninth and Franklin Streets, while the family was preparing for church. The little one is but 7 years of age, and had been left alone in the kitchen. While playing about the stove, some part of her clothing caught on the kettle of water and tipped it over. The cover fell off, thus allowing the boiling water to spill over her body. Most of the fluid took effect on her lower limbs, scalding them in a frightful manner from the thighs down.


 

Black Hawk Biographies maintained by Kermit Kittleson.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]