Urbana, Polk Township, section 35.
The first Christian Church of the county was organize 1843 in Marysville, the oldest town in the county. The meetings were held in homes and later in a small log church erected near the cemetery on land donated by Joseph Remington. The first person buried in the lonely spot was Mary Forsythe, and the town was named in her honor. Many years later the name was changed to Urbana.
The Christian Congregation constructed a new church building was in 1858. Great sacrifices were made for the church, -the last cow sold, or the favorite horse sold, or children without shoes until fall. This building was destroyed by fire on Easter Morning 1913. The third church was built of brick in 1914 at a cost of $7000. In 1960 a new addition was added and in 1985 a new organ was purchased.