- The second picture is of my grand parents Yetta and Archie F. Flowers
and their children Dale and Jaunita. I don't know when the picture was
taken but I would suspect that it was in the 1930's. Archie and Yetta
were married in Bedford on October 23, 1901. They were living in St.
Joseph Missouri when my father was born in January 1904.
- Before settling in southern Oregon they had liven in Canada, Montana,
San Diego California and the Oregon coast.
- My father remained in Southern Oregon. My aunt Jaunita settled
in San Francisco California.
- Archie was born January 31, 1874 in Henry County. He was the son
of Ralph Mahaffey Flowers and Carrie A Warren. Ralph was born January
1, 1851 in Ohio. I am not sure of Carries birth date. She died July
1, 1881 6 weeks and 2 days after giving birth to C. A. F. Flowers who
died on the same day. They are buried in the Lexington Cemetery in Taylor
County. We do not know what the letters C. A. F. stand for or if the
child was a boy or a girl. The fact that C. A. are the same as the mothers
initials may indicate a girl.
- I have found out that C. A. F. Flowers was a boy named Charlie. I still have no information on the cause of his death or that of his mother Caroline Amanda Warren.
- My Flowers ancestry moved from Bucks County Pennsylvania to the
area around Zanesville Ohio and then on to Henry County Iowa around
1855. Ralph had moved to Taylor County by the 1880 census.