MIDDLEBURG - Capel Township, Sioux County, settled 1884 - 1885,
Post Office 1890.
- started as the Reformed Church Cemetery, but now is
the Capel Township Cemetery in Section 29 southwest of
Middleburg. Bill Kooiker is the clerk. Records have been kept
in the VanderWilt family for years. Fist burial recorded in
1890. Complete Records from the inception give burial date and
plot ownership only.
- Free Grace Reformed Church was established 31 Jul
- A Christian Reformed Church started in 1899, but
closed its door 4 Oct 1959, its membership scattered between
Hull, Orange City and Sioux Center churches.
- Two histories by Gary H. Koerselman: A Forgotten Hamlet
( A story of Middleburg, Sioux County IA) 1964 and Middleburg
- The Story of an Low Community. Both can be found in the
Ramaker Library, Northwestern College Orange City IA.