Comments and questions about contributions are welcomed. Please feel free to email the Scott County Coordinator.
Volunteers for transcription are always needed and appreciated. Transcribers can get involved in so many ways.
Examples of documents you can transcribe include:
- - Church histories
- - Township censuses
- - City directories
- - Indexes of records Located on microfilm
- - Other publications that are no longer copyrighted
In addition, you can also share:
- - Family history notes, excerpts from diaries and journals, and photos
- - Summaries of published copyrighted works, provided in your own words, citing the author(s) and publisher
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP OTHERS DISCOVER THEIR PAST?
Maybe you're willing to volunteer your time to help others discover their past?
Here are just a few ideas on how this can be accomplished:
- - Offer to contact and/or visit a specific cemetery to find records of an individual or family.
- - Take photos of local graves and submit them to the Iowa Gravestone Photo Project
- - Offer to look up records within specific books that you own, for others, upon request
Visit the look up volunteer page to see who is already volunteering and what details are available.
OTHER WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE TO IAGENWEB
Click on logo to add your data to the following IAGenWeb Boards!