Keokuk County, Jackson Township, Section 36
We regret that after we received the following information we failed to note from whom we had received it. We share it with you just as we have received it. We felt it could well be helpful to researchers whose ancestors lived in Polk or Black Hawk Townships in Jefferson County, since the cemetery is very near the northern borders of those townships.
Altman cemetery is in Keokuk County, Jackson Twp., section 36. It is on the south side of hwy. 78, just east of the Packwood junction. There is a sign in the fence row and the cemetery is down a lane.
If you need further information on a listed name, contact the Jefferson County Genealogical Society or post a Query on our Query Board.
An underlined surname indicates there is a gravestone picture on our Jefferson County portion of The Iowa Gravestone Photo Project. Clicking the underlined name will take you to that picture. Use your Back button to return to this site. If you have a photo of a county gravestone, please consider contributing it to the Project.
• RUSH, JOSEPH J., died May 08, 1897,age 74yr 1mo 15da
• ANDREWS, (NO NAME), June 20, 1882, age 8yr 8mo 16da, son of Thomas & Mary
• POTTER, CLARENCE, died May 13, 1887, age 2yr 9da, son of D. & F.
• ALTMAN, LILLIE J, died Aug. 26, 1874, aged 6 days, dau of S. & S.
• ALTMAN, IDA A., died April 25 1896, age 25yr 8mo 23da, dau of S. & S.
• RUSH, CATHARINE, died August 28 1888, age 69ys 8ms
• RUSH, J. J., no dates
• STRUBLE, MAGGIE, July 4, 1862 - Apr. 16 1908
• ALTMAN, JOHN C., died July 30 1865, age 4mo 25da, son of A. & E.
• ALTMAN, ANDREW, Aug. 6 1879, aged 88y 8m 22d, husband of AMELIA
• ALTMAN, ANNAMARY, died (stone broken at date) 1864, age 72ys 1mo 12ds, wife of A.
• HARMON, SARAH A., May 23 1861, age 11mo 25da, dau of J. & S.
• HARMON, INFANT, born and died Sept. 4 1866, dau of J. & S.
• HARMON, SARAH, September 10 1866, age 41yr 6m 03da, wife of John
• WELCH, MARGARET, August 25 1873, age 73yr 11mo
• DOVENSPIKE, ANNA PENCE, born Mar. 12, 1818, died Feb. 14, 1899, wife of 1)John DOVENSPIKE and 2)John W. POWER
• DOVENSPIKE, SUSANAH, May 28 1877, age 32 yr 9mo 22da, wife of Philip (spelled with one 'l' here)
• DOVENSPIKE, SARAH, died June 2 1872, aged 3y 6m 7d, dau of P. & S.
• DOVENSPIKE, PHILLIP (spelled with two 'l's here), May 24, 1838 - May 20, 1907
Return to the Cemeteries Page
Return to the Jefferson County Main Page