Harper Cemetery History
Linn Township, Section 35, Dallas County, Iowa
Click here to view submitted Gravestone Photographs for Harper Cemetery.
North of Redfield, north of Highway 6, about one-half mile north
of East Linn. It is located on the west side of the road and sets
back off the main road. The cemetery is well cared for and is
fenced. The gate is on the highway but the cemetery is quite a
ways back from the road and the gate.
Originally, the cemetery was a private cemetery belonging to the Harper Family. W.W. Harper came to Linn Twp. in 1849. At the request of the Harper Family, Linn Township has now taken over the cemetery and is responsible for its maintenance and upkeep. Once all lots were sold in East Linn Cemetery, Harper Cemetery was expanded. The lane leading back to the cemetery was widened, regraded, and rocked.
Consort of Henry Harper
21 yrs 1 mo 16 days
Epitaph: Was the little stranger stay
She came but as a guest
She trusted life, and fled away
to her eternal rest.
Combined resources provided by Velma Renfrow, circa 1970's.
Harper Cemetery Index
Dallas County Cemeteries *** Dallas Home Page
Copyright ©� IAGenWeb. All rights reserved.