Edmond A. Lockwood opened his general mercantile business in Weldon about 1897. A year later the store burned down. He sold hardware, coal, farm implements, grain, and harness. His business slogan was "Anything from a darning needle to a threshing machine." In 1910 he put up a new brick store.
Advertisement from 1903 in the Weldon newspaper.
This picture was taken about 1915 and shows Edmond A. Lockwood and some of his employees. They are from left to right:
Rose Terry, Gerda Kline, Helene M. Lockwood (daughter of Edmond), Ellis West, Charles Richards, Bill Trisler, Edmond A. LockwoodThanks to Sherry Balow for sharing this information and pictures.
Return to Business