J. B. McDermott, Henry McDermott and D. G. Wooster
J. B. McDermott and Henry McDermott, settled in what is now Benton township, in 1857. They came from Ohio. D. G. Wooster, who still resides in the township, was one of the pioneer school teachers. At a very early day he taught school in a cabin in Morrison's Grove near the present town of Anita.
From "History of Cass County, Iowa Together With Brief Mention of Old Settlers," by Lafe Young, Atlantic, Iowa, Telegraph Steam Printing House, 1877, pg. 99.