S. M. Tucker
S. M. Tucker, the lawyer, located in the present town of Lewis in 1853. He is spoken of as a man of intelligence, but somewhat modern as to morals. He had but one arm, but was the best marksman, off-hand, in the county. His wife was an estimable lady, the daughter of Rev. Geo. B. Hitchcock. Tucker went to Fort Scott, Kansas, before the war, and his present whereabouts are not known.
From "History of Cass County, Iowa Together With Brief Mention of Old Settlers," by Lafe Young, Atlantic, Iowa, Telegraph Steam Printing House, 1877, pg. 12-13.