James Logsdon Family
BARTON, BEESON, BELT, DARR, DAWSON, DORR, GILLETTE, HARPER, LOGSDON, MANNING, MCSHERRY, RUSSELL, SEGO, SMITH
Posted By: JCGS Volunteer
Date: 2/2/2016 at 16:53:51
James L. Logsdon was born September 27, 1818 in Kentucky. His parents were William J. Logsdon, Sr. (b. 1799 KY – 1867 Baxter and m. 1816 KY) and Martha Sego. He was married in 1836 to Mary “Polly” Harper. James died June 1901 at Baxter, Iowa and was buried at the Independence Cemetery in Independence Township, Jasper County, Iowa. Mary Harper was born February 16, 1819 in Kentucky and died February 2, 1892 at Baxter and was buried at the Independence Cemetery in Independence Township, Jasper County, Iowa.
James and Mary had 14 children:
• William J. Logsdon born in 1837 in Kentucky. He married Henrietta McSherry (b. 1844 Indiana on March 1, 1858 in Jasper County, Iowa and later married Kathryn McSherry.
• Elizabeth Logsdon born in 1839 in Kentucky.
• Silas “Bud” Logsdon born March 16, 1841 in Hart Co., Kentucky. He married Isabella Hopkins Smith on January 22, 1863 in Jasper Co, Iowa. Silas died March 14, 1927 at the Iowa Soldiers Home in Marshalltown, Iowa and is buried at Violet Hill Cemetery in Perry, Dallas Co, Iowa. Isabella was born August 22, 1843 or 1844 in Kentucky. She died February 7, 1911 at Perry, Dallas Co, Iowa and is also buried at Violet Hill Cemetery.
• Martha Logsdon was born 1843. She married John Dorr (sp?) They had 3 children: Jane, Lee & Hattie.
• Celia Jane Logsdon was born March 7, 1845 in Munfordville, Kentucky. She was married to Benjamin F. Logsdon on October 16, 1864 in Jasper Co, Iowa. Celia died July 26, 1924 at Garwin, Marshall Co, Iowa and is buried at Restland Cemetery at Baxter, Iowa. Benjamin was born July 13, 1837 in Munfordville, Kentucky. He died March 21, 1917 at Marshalltown, Iowa and is also buried at Restland Cemetery.
• Editha Logsdon was born 1847 in Kentucky.
• Mahala Logsdon was born in 1849. She was married to George Belt (?) on December 11, 1866 and they had 5 children.
• Andrew Jackson Logsdon was born in 1853 in Jasper Co, Iowa. He was married Elizabeth Russell on June 26, 1873 and to Eliza Ann Dawson on January 26, 1876 in Jasper Co, Iowa.
• James K. Logsdon was born in Iowa.
• Charles Emmert Logsdon was born in 1857. He married Carrie M. Gillette (born about 1865 in New York) on December 25, 1883 in Jasper Co, Iowa. Charles and Carrie had 1 son, Fred.
• Louisa B. “Bell” Logsdon was born about 1859. She was married to E. S. Manning.
• Virginia “Jennie” Logsdon was born March 21, 1859 in Jasper Co, Iowa. She was married to Bazel Darr on July 27, 1880. Virginia died March 22, 1939 in Iowa City, Iowa. Bazel died in July 1929 at Marshalltown, Iowa. They had 4 sons: Frank, Ed, and 2 died young.
• John C. Logsdon was born about 1862 and was married to Bertha (Caine) Logsdon Beeson; they and 2 boys and 2 girls.
• Isabella Logsdon was born about 1863. She married Henry Barton.
Source: Catherine Henderson’s donated papers.
Jasper Biographies maintained by Barbara Hug.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen