Wallace, Della 1893 – 1895
Posted By: Joy Moore (email)
Date: 3/15/2021 at 14:19:02
Source: Decorah Republican July 11, 1895 P 3 C 2
Drank Carbolic Acid.
Waterloo Reporter:—Della, the little daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Wallace, living near the C. F. & M. junction, drank a portion of the contents of a bottle of carbolic acid at the residence of Geo. Wallace, in East Waterloo township. where the family was spending Sunday. The child had found the bottle on a window sill, and had swallowed quite a portion before she was discovered. It was about noon when the accident happened, and the little one died in great agony about eight o’clock in the evening. Funeral services were held Monday afternoon, and the remains were interred in Fairview cemetery, near this city.
Transcriber’s Note: Find a Grave shows she was born in 1893.
Black Hawk Obituaries maintained by Karen De Groote.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen