BCHS Ray House
On December 10, 1982 the Frank G. Ray House and Carriage House at 912 First Avenue, Vinton was entered in the National Register of Historical Places.

This excellent example of late Victorian Architecture with Queen Anne features was constructed in 1893 by Frank G. Ray, local entrepreneur.
The house retains many fine interior features and its original matching carriage house. Most notable among its array of exterior features is the three story corner turret. There are ten rooms, seven fireplaces, open stairway, full-floored attic on third floor, with servant's quarters and full basement, where it is believed the meals were prepared. With the stained glass windows, leaded glass windows, and many different woods in the fireplaces, this is a beautiful house.

Return to BCHS | The Horridge House | The Depot Museum