Lincoln Township: Lincoln Center Cemetery
- section 16 of Lincoln Twp., west of Lincoln Center
Church, 180 lots in the original section (approx. 1870), 94 lots added 1959 Strand Cemetery
- SW corner of section 32 of Lincoln
Twp. (Norwegian settlement 1870's) Washington Township: Forest Hill Cemetery
- section 24 of
Washington Twp, 2 mi SE of Mt. Etna also known as the First Baptist Cemetery, first burial in 1867Mt. Etna Brethren Cemetery
- section 22 of Washington Twp, south of Mt. Etna. The Old Slide-Off Burying Place
- on a high bluff SE of Mt. Etna possible Indian Burying ground, also used during smallpox epidemic.
Burials include: FEES,
HOMAN, BOSWELL, Mary MORTON and 4 of her 9 children Private Burial site
- section 24, NE of buildings on Charles Homan farm.
Mrs. Susan-Mary Ann SPRAGUE, wife of James Sprague and an infant, dated April 9,
1857 is on one tombstone. Mrs. Sprague's sister (no name) and McDaniel twin infants. Carl Township: Carl
- section 17 of Carl Twp., named after early pioneer named Carl Mt. Zion Cemetery
- section 25 of
Carl Twp., 4 mi north of Prescott Colony Township:
Rose Hill Cemetery
- NW corner of section 2 of Colony Twp., created in 1858, 10 acres Bohemian Cemetery
- SE corner of section 18 of Colony Twp., 1888 Douglas Township: Thompson Cemetery
- section 7 of Douglas Twp., 4 miles west of Carbon, Mormons might have been buried in this cemetery, Also known as:
"Larson Burial Gardens", "Mormon Pioneer Cemetery", "Norway Cemetery", "Norwegian Cemetery", "Rockdale Cemetery" Quincy Township:
North Quincy Cemetery
- section 8 of Quincy Twp., JMB Miller buried here, oldest stone is dated 1855. Also known as: "Old North Quincy Cemetery", "Quincy North Cemetery"
- section 17 of Quincy Twp., est. 1854, north section is oldest, cemetery contained 960 lots in
1984. Also known as:
"Quincy Oakland Cemetery", "South Quincy Cemetery"
Old Queen City Cemetery
- section 25 of
Quincy Twp., new marker and flagpole near Lake Binder
Walnut Grove Cemetery
- section 34 of Quincy Twp.,
at the NW corner of Corning
14 of Prescott Twp., NW of Prescott. Also known as:
"New Prescott Cemetery", "Prescott Cemetery"
Evergreen Cemetery -
section 14 of Prescott Twp., 0.5 mile north of school. Also known as:
"Castle Cemetery", "Old Prescott Cemetery"
- section 32 of Prescott Twp., 3.5 miles east of Corning, est. 1857
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- used by the Methodist Episcopal Church
- NE corner of section 21, Union Twp., 5 acres and 186 lots, 4 mi east of Prescott
- Section 9 of Nodaway Twp, 2 miles NE of Nodaway.
- Section 1 of Nodaway Twp, 1 mile west of the Brooks corner on US 34. The first grave was in 1858,
Freeborne G. Baldwin. 66 lots surrounded by virgin timber.
- purchased in 1855 by Wm
W. Wellingham. SW corner of Section 6, Nodaway Twp. First burial is child of John and Rhoda Smith. First adult burial was Oliver Hamilton, father of Mrs. Milton Richey.
Private Cemeteries: Southwest of Nodaway near the old Baker cut
is a small old plot with a few graves. 1.25 miles west of old Henshaw is a clump of lost graves with no markers of any kind. On the Gibb Pierce 4 miles south of Nodaway is a family lot with a few graves with good monuments.
- Section 6, Jasper Twp. up a long lane from the
Brooks-Corning road (Blue Grass Road) about 1 mile NE of Brooks. Many veterans buried here.
Section 2, Jasper Twp. on the South edge of Corning south of US 34 adjacent to Oak Hill Cemetery. Also known as:
"Oak Hill Calvary Cemetery"
Oak Hill Cemetery
- Section 2, Jasper Twp. adjacent to Calvary Cemetery. A large Catholic statue sits on the boundary between the
Prairie Rose Cemetery
- Section 28, Jasper Twp.5 miles south and 2 miles west of Corning. One of the
larger cemeteries in the county.
Old Brooks Pioneer Cemetery
- Section 8, Jasper Twp. near the East Nodaway River on a high
bluff on the property of Robert F. Brown. There is no road to this cemetery and very few markers. The stones were moved to the Brooks Cemetery
after 1937 due to eroision. The first owner was James Campbell in 1856, then Jacob Strait Lawrence, Ed Snethen, Cooneys, then Brown. (info from Floyd Lawrence)
Mercer Township: No cemeteries in this
Stringtown Cemetery -
Section 6, Grant Twp. at the
Stringtown corner of US 34 (jct of IA 49 and US 34) north of Lenox. 127 lots on 2 acres. A large monument of a young woman resting her chin in her hand, made from Italian marble is visible from US 34.
- Section 18, Grant Twp. 2.5 miles south and 1 mile west of Stringtown, near Salem Church of the Brethren. 108 lots.