Adair County Iowa
"This cemetery was surveyed in the fall of 1878, and contains about three acres of ground. It is situated upon the northwest quarter of the northwest quarter of section 23. Nancy Daniels was the first to be interred, being buried a few days previous to the survey being made. The grave is in an alley and will probably have to be removed. In platting it the surveyor made a mistake which causes the lots to number from the southwest corner, instead of the northeast corner. The cemetery contains one hundred lots, and a drive-way, forty-five feet wide all around it inside of the fence." A canvass of this cemetery was made in the fall of 1974, and indicates that 299 have been interred to date. As of August 2017 there are 377 recorded as interred.
taken from "History of Guthrie and Adair County, Iowa" 1884
Click here to go back to the cemetery index
Click here to view available photos of the gravestones in this cemetery.
Click here to view the transcription of this cemetery.