Source: Jake Thorn, 2011
Return to Warren County Schools
Thorn School was in Squaw Township on the farm of Stephen Thorn. Stephen Thorn's original land purchase stipulated that land be set aside for a school. It was located east of Medora, south of County Road G76, about a mile on 120th Street. 1902 and 1914 maps of Squaw Township show the school located in the southeast corner of section 26. There were folks still having Thorn School reunions in the 1990s.
The school building still exists, but has been moved to a private residence a bit east of the intersection of 120th street on County Road G76.