The church was founded in the Monette schoolhouse, about three miles south of Lorimor.
Mrs. Lena Moffitt [now of Madrid] does not know of the
date date of founding
The new church was built in 1904 and dedicated on December 18, 1904.
Avery, one of their sons, was a postmaster in Lorimor.
The land where the church stood was given by Jethro Griffith.
The church was built by Bert Clark, of Afton and Mr. DeVoe
Another Bert Clark [Emma Rusk's brother] papered it.
The presiding elder at the time was a Mr. Miller.
The church was discontinued and torn down in the early 1940's.
The story was published in the Union County Genealogical Society newsletter,