Story County, Iowa Divorce Index
Contributed by Dorian Myhre
If you locate a record you are looking for great! But if you don't find a record that does not mean it does not exist.
Search Story Co. Divorce Index
This index to Story County divorces was created by Dorian Myhre by going through the various court dockets at the Story County courthouse. Only those divorces for which a decree was issued are included.
In this abstracted index the following data is included when available. Note that the search results show only part of the information. You must click on the button to the left of the husband's name to see the complete divorce index record.
- Docket Book and Page. The court docket (book) and page in which the divorce is found.
- Name of Husband. If the name was recorded with more than one spelling or if the writing was difficult to decipher, the alternative name is shown after the word "or."
- Name of Wife. If the name was recorded with more than one spelling or if the writing was difficult to decipher, the alternative name is shown after the word "or." In addition, if a prior name was included it is shown after the word "was." A prior name may have been a maiden name or an earlier married name.
- Husband's Color.
- Wife's Color.
- Husband's Age.
- Wife's Age.
- Husband's Nationality.
- Wife's Nationality.
- Husband's Number of Prior Marriages.
- Wife's Number of Prior Marriages.
- Marriage Date.
- Divorce Date.
- To Whom Divorce Granted.
- Grounds. The grounds upon which the decree was granted.
- Abstracter's Comment. This comment usually refers to another docket book and page which in which additional information about the divorce is found.
Please E-Mail Mark Christian with your
questions, comments, or suggestions.
Copyright © - 2001-2020 Mark Christian