Story County IAGenWeb
Story County Genealogical Society
P. O. Box 692
Ames IA 50010-0692
The Story County Chapter was chartered April 4, 1968. Meetings are held the second Monday of the month from January through May, and September through November. The meetings are held in the Ames Public Library from 7:00 to 9:OOPM. Programs are planned to be of interest to those searching for their
Research Queries and Requests
- Preliminary responses to such requests will be made by volunteer members of the Story County Genealogy Society. A list of these volunteers will be available from the President and/or Secretary of the Society.
- The President and/or Secretary will be responsible for receiving these requests and delegating these requests to a volunteer for response.
- A search of readily available sources will be done in response to the request, i.e., indexes of birth, marriage and death records, obituaries, and census indexes that are available in our libraries for a set fee of $15.00.
- This information will be sent to the client along with a list of costs, the names of experienced researchers who will do detailed research for an hourly fee plus mileage, copies, postage, etc. The fees will be paid the the researcher
- A record of research and costs (time, travel, copies) shall be completed along with the orginal request and shall be kept in the President's file on forms provided by the society.
- This policy shall be made a part of our Web page and included in newsletters.
- A list of queries shall be published in the Chapter newsletter.
Membership fees are $10.00 per single membership or $15.00 for a family.
This fee includes a monthly newsletter mailed from September through May.
To join, please send the fee to the address at the top with your name, address,
and phone number.
Go to Story County Home Page