Source: Henry Wildasin's Revised History of Wilton, Iowa
***Containing a complete reprint of Wilton History 1854-1876 by Rider & Stevenson***1947
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
Records As Near Right As Possible
Rev. Dugan, from 1875 to 1891. Rev. M. J. Kirkpatrick, 1892 to the time of his death in 1928. Rev. J. J. Schoenfelter, 1929 to 1931. He was instrumental in having the church redecorated, also improved the Rectory.
The tower or steeple was erected in the year 1900 or 1901. The manse also being improved.
Rev. John Cash, 1931 through 1937. Rev James Brady, came in 1938 and left in 1939. Rev. Richard Egan, came in 1939 and left in 1942. He became a Chaplain in World War II. Rev. Edward O'Hair has now been serving since 1943.