MUSCATINE COUNTY IOWA|
Source: REGISTER OF OLD SETTLERS , BOOK One, page 66 & 67
submitted by Ronna Thuman, November 14, 2007
Hand written entry found on page 66:
Old Setters reunion at the residence of Marx Block Friday evening, April 14, 1876. Basket supper and social time.
*** another article found on page 67
RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED BY THE OLD SETTLERS ASSOCIATION
OF MUSCATINE COUNTY, OCT. 31, 1876
(pages written by hand)
1. Resolved-That the organization of the Old Settlers be so changed as to admit to its membership persons settling in the County prior to the year 1861 and that the membership shall be divided into two classes, to wit-Those who were residents of the County at and prior to the time of the organization of the State of Iowa to be called members of the first grade and those who became residents subsequent to the organization of the State and prior to the year 1861 to be called members of the second grade; and that there shall be no other distinction or preferences whatever among the members of the association.
2. Resolved: That hereafter the annual meeting of the association shall be held on the first Wednesday in the month of October of each year and that there shall be no other meetings of the Association unless called by the President on the request of ten members thereof, except in case of the death of the members when the usual meeting shall be called.
3. Resolved-That at each annual meeting of the Association a committee of three male and three female members be appointed to made arrangements for the next annual meeting including refreshments and a program of exercises; the President to be ex officer a member of said committee.
4. Resolved: That a Collection shall be taken up at each annual meeting to defray the incidental expenses of the Association.
- Attested: P. Jackson Secretary
- D. G. Richman President
Back to Book One, INDEX
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb, Index Page