Muscatine County Iowa
Here is what the abbreviations in the bios stand for: far: farm; Co.: company or county; dir: dealer; IVA: Iowa Volunteer Artillery; IVC: Iowa Volunteer Cavalry; IVI: Iowa Volunteer Infantry; P.O.: Post Office; S. or Sec.: section; and st.: street.
Source: History of Muscatine County Iowa, Biographical Section, 1879, page 639
K. VAN CAMP, far., Sec. 4; P. O. Sweetland Center; born in Hunterdon Co., N. J., Sept 15, 1822; his parents died when he was a child 8 or 10 years of age; was raised among strangers; came to Muscatine Co., in 1850 and purchased 160 acres of land of Dr. Newcomb. Married Miss Ann M. Little Dec. 15, 1849; she was born in Sussex Co., N. J., Jan 17, 1828; have eight children--Andrew N., Abraham E., William O., Mary E. (now Mrs. Longstrech), James H., George W., Jacob E. and Frank K. Mr. and Mrs. Van Camp are members of the M. E. Church. Mr. Van Camp has held most of the township offices; has improved 480 acres of the township; now owns 445. Republican.
Back to Biographical Index Page
Back to 1879 Table of Contents Page
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb Index Page