Muscatine County Iowa
Here is what the abbreviations in the bios stand for: far: farm; Co.: company or county; dir: dealer; IVA: Iowa Volunteer Artillery; IVC: Iowa Volunteer Cavalry; IVI: Iowa Volunteer Infantry; P.O.: Post Office; S. or Sec.: section; and st.: street.
Source: History of Muscatine County Iowa, Biographical Section, 1879, page 659
GEORGE W. ROBINSON, far., Sec. 23; P. O. Buffalo, Scott Co., Iowa; was born in Delaware Co., N.Y., in 1822; remained there till 1852, then removed to California; remained three years and engaged in mining and speculating; in the fall of 1854, he removed thence to Iowa, locating first at Blue Grass, Scott Co. The same fall or winter, he returned to New York, where he married Miss Phebe C. Boyce, daughter of Jacob Boyce of Ulster Co., N.Y., and returned to Iowa shortly after; they have three children---Weller, Rosa and Lilly. In 1876, he removed to Muscatine Co., where they now reside on a fine farm, consisting of 307 acres, lying along the Mississippi River, with a fine river view; his parents, John and Elizabeth (Bushnell) Robinson, were natives of New York. Mr. R. was a Democrat, but now acts with the Greenback party.
Back to Biographical Index Page
Back to 1879 Table of Contents Page
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb Index Page