Muscatine County Iowa
Here is what the abbreviations in the bios stand for: far: farm; Co.: company or county; dir: dealer; IVA: Iowa Volunteer Artillery; IVC: Iowa Volunteer Cavalry; IVI: Iowa Volunteer Infantry; P.O.: Post Office; S. or Sec.: section; and st.: street.
Source: History of Muscatine County Iowa, Biographical Section, 1879, page 612
H. F. MARTIN, proprietor of restaurant and confectionery, west side of Second st., near the bridge. Mr. M. was born in Lockport, N. Y., in 1852; when 9 years of age, removed with parents to McGregor, Iowa; at the age of 15; he went to Cleveland, Ohio, and served an apprenticeship of three years in the confectionery business at the end of which time, he returned West. He married Miss Agnes Stoughten of Wapello, Louisa Co., Iowa; they have one child---Mabel C. Members of the Episcopal Church; Mr. M. is a Democrat.
Back to Biographical Index Page
Back to 1879 Table of Contents Page
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb Index Page