Muscatine County Iowa
Here is what the abbreviations in the bios stand for: far: farm; Co.: company or county; dir: dealer; IVA: Iowa Volunteer Artillery; IVC: Iowa Volunteer Cavalry; IVI: Iowa Volunteer Infantry; P.O.: Post Office; S. or Sec.: section; and st.: street.
Source: History of Muscatine County Iowa, Biographical Section, 1879, page 674
W. F. HAYFORD, dealer in agricultural implements, stoves and tinware, Fourth St., corner Cedar; residence, Fifth St., West Wilton; was born at Spafford, Onondaga Co., N. Y., July 2, 1843; there he was a farmer until 1868, when he came to Michigan, and, in the spring of 1869, to Iowa, and engaged at his present business, at Durant, Cedar Co., and remained there until 1874, when he removed to Wilton and purchased the stock of goods and good-will of Hall & Kyser. In Durant, March 15, 1871, he married Miss Ellen, daughter of David T. Hedges; she was born in Cayuga Co., N. Y. July, 1847; they have had two children--Jennie L., born Sept. 21, 1872, Fred B., born Nov. 17, 1875, died Sept. 5, 1878. Republican. Mrs. Hayford is a member of the Presbyterian Church, as were her parents and ancestors.
Back to Biographical Index Page
Back to 1879 Table of Contents Page
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb Index Page