Muscatine County Iowa
Here is what the abbreviations in the bios stand for: far: farm; Co.: company or county; dir: dealer; IVA: Iowa Volunteer Artillery; IVC: Iowa Volunteer Cavalry; IVI: Iowa Volunteer Infantry; P.O.: Post Office; S. or Sec.: section; and st.: street.
Source: History of Muscatine County Iowa, Biographical Section, 1879, page 603
HENRY FULLER, brick-making and pottery business; was born in Prussia, Germany, Nov. 1, 1829; he was brought up and lived there until 20 years of age; he emigrated to America in 1850, and lived in St. Louis, Mo., where he learned the brick-making business; he came to Iowa, and located in Muscatine in 1854, and engaged in making brick, and has continued it ever since; is the oldest brick manufacture in this city or county; his brickyard has a capacity for making from 2,000,000 to 3,000,000 yearly. He manufactures pottery-ware of a very superior quality; it compares very favorably with the Ohio ware, and comes in competition with it, and has been sold for Ohio ware to the trade. When Mr. Fuller began life, he had nothing, and has made all he has by his own efforts. He married Miss Elizabeth Berky, from Prussia, Germany, in 1853; they have six children--Joseph, Henry, Barney, Anton, Mary and George; they lost one daughter---Elizabeth.
Back to Biographical Index Page
Back to 1879 Table of Contents Page
Back to the Muscatine Co. IAGenWeb Index Page