DR. JAMES L. LANTIS
James L. Lantis farm has been in the Lantis family since 1872, the
Lantis family having lived in Pennsylvania and Indiana before
settling here. Daniel (Dan) and Rebecca Lantis were the first family
owners, having purchased 80 acres originally in 1872 and acquiring
additional land at a later date to make up the present farm tract.
Daniel and Rebecca Lantis celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary
on Oct. 17, 1919. Upon Dan's death in 1928, his wife Rebecca managed
the farm until her death, at which time Ira Ross Lantis, their son,
assumed ownership in 1938. The last original buildings blew down in
a twister in 1956. The present owner, Dr. James L. Lantis, a
grandson, assumed ownership in 1964.