Mills County, Iowa
St. Mary's Catholic Church
Silver Creek Township
St. Mary's Catholic Church was organized in 1874. It was located on the southwest corner of First Avenue (later changed to Main Street) and 4th Street in Malvern.
Membership and activity was always low, with services held only once a month. Sometime after WWI the congregation disbanded and the church was sold.
It was used as Galliher's Garage until the building was razed in 1935.
~ source: Photo donated by Mary Beth Costello